Sock Aid / Hip Kit / Dressing Aids
For individuals with less mobility or stability, dressing aids such as a sock aid or dressing stick can save time and frustration, as well as restore independence. Other helpful products include long handled shoe horns, button aids and zipper helpers. Read More...
Hip replacement kits are very helpful for people who have had hip replacement surgery or have other reasons why bending over or stretching is difficult or painful.
These kits include a variety of reach-extending products such as the following:
- Long Handled Shoe Horn: This product makes it easier to don shoes
- Sock Assists: Designed to make donning socks easier; see below
- Stretch Shoe Laces: Eliminates bending by turning lace up shoes into slip-ons
- Dressing Stick: Can be used to pull on and push off clothing
- Reachers: Extends patient reach, preempts the need to bend
One very popular reach extending product among the elderly is a device to help put on socks, known as a sock aid. Sock assist devices are usually made with a flexible (or semi flexible) piece that gets inserted into the sock and two rope or cord handles that allow the user to control the sock without too much bending or exertion.
Arthritis may not be curable, but that doesn’t mean it’s untreatable. Make life with arthritis easier and less painful with a variety of arthritis aids designed to make dressing easier, including products such as button aids and zipper helpers.
Order today and we’ll have it shipped to you by tomorrow!