Blood Pressure Monitors
If you have high blood pressure and you’re looking for any type of blood pressure device, be it an Omron blood pressure monitor, or an aneroid sphygmomanometer, or another kind of blood pressure checker, you’ve come to the right place. AvaCare Medical carries a vast selection of wrist blood pressure monitors, and much more. We’re proud to provide our customers with nearly every type of blood pressure device available today. Read More...
Starting at $9.02
Starting at $75.65
Starting at $1.98
Starting at $39.12
Starting at $219.51
Starting at $39.58
Aside from our full selection of home blood pressure monitors, we also provide our site visitors with a wealth of well-researched, expert information on the topic of blood pressure. Discover how to get an accurate blood pressure test, find out how to choose a blood pressure monitor, and learn the answers to many other questions you’ve been wondering about ever since you found out that you’ve got high blood pressure.
How to Choose a Blood Pressure Monitor
The first thing to think about when choosing a blood pressure checker is whether you need an arm or wrist blood pressure monitor. Wrist blood pressure monitors are usually more comfortable and lightweight than arm monitors, but can be slightly less accurate, since it’s harder to properly position the wrist than it is to do so with the arm.
Once you’ve decided on whether to search for an arm or wrist monitor, here are a few more things to bear in mind.
- Accuracy: For patients with hypertension, it is extremely important to monitor blood pressure regularly and be aware of exact measurements. For this reason, a blood pressure monitor from a high quality brand such as Omron will ensure accuracy and, in turn, ensure better health care.
- Price: Good quality home blood pressure monitors can cost between $50 and $100. Look for a blood pressure machine in that price range. And do make sure to find out if your insurance will cover this health expense or not!
Of course, health is priceless, and that’s something that no one should ever forget. If you believe that you will benefit from a more expensive blood pressure checker, and purchasing such a model won’t have you feeling stressed out (which will defeat the purpose of purchasing it), then go for the costlier one.
- User-Friendliness: Check out the blood pressure monitor reviews to see if the BP machines you’re looking into are easy to use. If it sounds like it's going to be really complicated, skip it. There’s no need for you to get stressed out just from trying to figure out how to take your blood pressure!
- Focus on Features: You’ll want certain features depending on your needs. There are BP machines that can detect irregular heartbeat, ones with several cuffs, some with large, easily visible digits, and others with different features. See if you can find a BP machine that offers the features you want.
What is a Sphygmomanometer Used for?
An aneroid sphygmomanometer is a manual blood pressure cuff used to assess blood flow levels. Sphygmomanometers are usually used by medical students and licensed healthcare professionals; regular individuals seldom utilize manual blood pressure cuffs. The Sphygmomanometer does show results that are slightly more accurate than a digital blood pressure monitor, but digital blood pressure monitors are still more commonly used at home since the difference is not that drastic and most regular individuals don’t know how to work the aneroid sphygmomanometer, which is nearly as complicated to use as it sounds.
Sphygmomanometer (a manual blood pressure device) is pronounced sfig·mow·muh·naa·muh·tr.
Can a Tight Blood Pressure Wrist Cuff Cause a High Reading?
Yes, it can, and therefore, you should always make sure the BP cuff fits properly and is not too snug. This will allow for more accuracy. Read on for more details on how to make sure your blood pressure will be measured correctly.
How to Get an Accurate Blood Pressure Reading
Getting an accurate blood pressure reading is very important when you’ve been told by a healthcare professional that you need to monitor your blood pressure. There are many factors which can cause your monitor to show your a higher blood pressure. This checklist will enable you to get the most accurate reading of your blood pressure.
- Wear a properly sized BP cuff
- BP cuff placed directly on the arm; not over clothing
- Relax in place for 5 minutes before taking your blood pressure
- Make sure you’re not feeling cold or chilly
- Keep your elbow supported at a 90-degree angle while your BP is being taken
- Make sure your wrist & lower arm are both at mid-heart level
- Use the bathroom before taking your blood pressure
- Keep quiet (since chatting boosts blood pressure)
- Take your blood pressure while sitting, with legs uncrossed
- Make sure you’re calm and not feeling stressed
- Take readings about the same time each day
- Stay away from caffeine, tobacco (nicotine), & alcohol for half an hour before testing
Don’t just rely on the blood pressure checker to do its job; to ensure accuracy, follow the aforementioned guidelines when taking your blood pressure. It makes no difference whether you’re using a digital blood pressure monitor or a Sphygmomanometer; the first steps to getting an accurate reading remain the same.
Which Arm to Measure Blood Pressure; Right or Left?
Blood pressure should be checked from your nondominant arm. If you’re a righty, then its best for you to take your blood pressure from your left arm, but if you’re a lefty, then take it on your right arm. The difference in the blood pressure between your left and right arm should not surpass 10 mm Hg. If it does, have your blood pressure checked out by an experienced medical professional.
Which Brand of Blood Pressure Monitor is the Best?
Omron Blood Pressure monitors are known to be the most accurate blood pressure monitors for at-home use. Popular Omron Blood Pressure machines include the Omron 10 series, as well as the Omron BP 786. These blood pressure devices can be used with Omron blood pressure cuffs.
What Kind Of Home Blood Pressure Monitors Can I Find at AvaCare Medical?
At AvaCare Medical, you can find all of the best home blood pressure monitors available today. There are portable blood pressure monitors, digital blood pressure monitors, blood pressure kits, aneroid sphygmomanometers, Bluetooth blood pressure monitors, and so much more. If it’s a BP machine and it’s popular, you can find it here! We carry the most accurate blood pressure monitors and the best quality blood pressure devices. Now that you’re fully educated about wrist blood pressure monitors, you’re ready to make an educated decision regarding what type of blood pressure checker to choose!