AvaCare Medical Scholarship
The AvaCare Medical Scholarship recognizes those who are working to better the lives of our customers, students who are pursuing a degree in the medical field, with a prize of $1000 toward college tuition. This scholarship is awarded annually to one submission that tells about an inspiring act of kindness.
AvaCare Medical judges will choose five to ten finalists, whose work will then be posted on our website. Voting will be open for a limited time on the scholarship page, after which the winner will be chosen by our judges based on multiple factors including, in part, the number of votes.
Criteria for Application
Applicants for the AvaCare Scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- - Citizen of the United States or in possession of an Alien Registration Card
- - High school senior or enrolled in an accredited U.S. college or university
- - Achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- - Pursuing a degree in the medical field such as therapy, nursing, medicine, nutrition, laboratory science, dentistry, health law, etc.
Although all students with the above criteria are welcome to apply for this scholarship, preference will be given to students with a physical disability.
Your submission should be about an act of kindness that inspired you. The act of kindness which you found inspirational does not have to relate to your decision to study health or medicine. In addition, keep in mind that this scholarship is merit-based rather than need-based; sharing your financial situation or other reasons for requiring help with schooling will not increase your chances to win this scholarship.
Submissions should be your own unique work and cannot be published anywhere else online. Please see the previous year's submissions here for examples of submissions we've considered for the award in the past.
You may choose to complete any one of the following projects to tell us an inspiring story of kindness:
- - Writing - up to 350 words (relevant picture/collage of pictures may be included)
- - Video - up to 1.5 minutes, in one of the following formats: .mov, .mp4, .m4v, .flv, .3gp, .avi, .wmv
- - Image - up to 8.5” x 11”, along with a short description
Finalists will be chosen by AvaCare Medical Scholarship judges and notified after the submission deadline has passed. If your submission was chosen as one of our finalists, be sure to reach out to your family, friends and social media contacts and ask them to come to this page and vote for your submission.
Once the voting period is over, our judges will select a final winner. The award money will be mailed directly to the school of the winner's choice.
- - All projects for the 2021 scholarship award must be received no later than December 15, 2021 by midnight Eastern Standard Time.
- - Submissions will be judged on content, creativity and quality of work.
- - Submissions containing grammatical or spelling errors, or any inappropriate language or content may not be considered.
- - AvaCare Medical reserves the right to publish any submissions, including, but not limited to, the winning submissions.
How to Apply
- - There is no application form from AvaCare Medical; all you need to send in is your project, a high school or college transcript, and the information listed below.
- - Your application, transcript and information can be sent either by mail or by email.
-     ~ If your submission is in the form of a video, you may send your submission via email only.
-     ~ If you choose to send in your writing or image via mail, please save a digital copy of your project in case we decide to post your work.
- - Please do not send any other documents such as letters of recommendation, resumes, CVs, etc.
Email a digital copy of your writing, image or video clip to:
Or, mail a printed version of your (typed) writing or image to:
- AvaCare Medical
- Attn: Scholarship Department
- 1665 Corporate Road West
- Lakewood, NJ 08701
- 1. Your submission
- 2. A copy of your transcript (official/unofficial document reflecting your most recent cumulative GPA)
- 3. The following information:
-     - Your full name
-     - Your email address
-     - Your phone number
-     - Medical field you are pursuing
When submitting, be sure to include the following:
Please note: Incomplete submissions may be disregarded.
Congratulations to Briana Lopez, the winner of the AvaCare Medical Scholarship 2020! The AvaCare Medical Scholarship committee wishes her much success with her studies! Her winning submission, as well as the submissions of our other finalists for 2020, can be viewed here.
Congratulations to Cody McCasland, the winner of the AvaCare Medical Scholarship 2019! The AvaCare Medical Scholarship committee wishes him much success with his studies as he works toward his dream of becoming a pediatric anesthetist. His winning submission, as well as the submissions of our other finalists for 2019, can be viewed here.
Congratulations to Joanne Deverson, the winner of the AvaCare Medical Scholarship 2018! The AvaCare Medical Scholarship committee wishes her much success with her studies as she works toward her Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Her winning submission, as well as the submissions of our other finalists for 2018, can be viewed here.
Congratulations to Julia LiPuma, the winner of the AvaCare Medical Scholarship 2017! The AvaCare Medical Scholarship committee wishes her much success with her studies as she works toward her Bachelor of Arts in Psychology. Her winning submission, as well as the submissions of our other finalists for 2017, can be viewed here.
Congratulations to Linda Garcia, the winner of the AvaCare Medical Scholarship 2016! The AvaCare Medical Scholarship committee wishes her much success with her studies as she works toward her dream of becoming a nurse. Her winning submission, as well as the submissions of our other finalists for 2016, can be viewed here.
About AvaCare Medical: AvaCare Medical is a medical supply and equipment company providing medical professionals, caregivers, medical facilities and the patients themselves with the products they need along with the service they deserve. Check out some of our most popular product categories below.