- Silverlon Antimicrobial Burn Contact Dressing
- Pure Metallic Silver Coated
- Minimally Adhering
These dressings are composed of knitted fabrics that are flexible, minimally adhering and antimicrobial. This knitted fabric is composed of pure nylon base fibers, 100% covered, uniformly and circumferentially with a thin coat of pure metallic silver approximately (4/100,000 inch). The surface of the nylon-based dressing is plated with pure metallic silver which is the source of the antimicrobial silver ion.
- Silver ions disassociate from the surface of the dressing in the presence of moisture.
- Silver ion release rates are maintained by maintaining the moisture content of the burn and wound dressing.
- Circumferential platting of the fibers results in a three-dimensional surface area of pure metallic silver in contact with the wound fluids.
- Analysis of the surface of Silverlon® reveals 99.1% pure metallic silver and 0.9% silver oxide.
- Open knit pattern of the fabric permits passage of oxygen and fluids to and from the wound surface.
- Silver provides the effective antimicrobial action of the dressing and functions as an antimicrobial barrier.
- Broad spectrum 7-day use antimicrobial barrier dressings.