4 Wheel Scooter / Four Wheel Electric Scooter
Find 4 wheel mobility scooters for sale on AvaCare Medical now! If you’re interested in investing in a top quality 4 wheel electric scooter from a trusted manufacturer, that is currently for sale at a competitive price point, browse our selection; we have exactly what you’re looking for. Call our friendly customer care reps now at 1.877.813.7799 for prompt, knowledgeable assistance! Read more...
Starting at $2,999.00
Starting at $1,599.00
Starting at $949.00
Starting at $999.00
Starting at $1,249.00
Starting at $3,349.00
Starting at $3,599.00
Starting at $4099
Starting at $1499
Starting at $974.42
Why Choose a 4 Wheel Scooter?
Generally, a 4 wheel scooter for handicapped or disabled individuals is intended for use outdoors, while a 3 wheel scooter is designed for indoor use. A four wheel scooter, which is simply an electric scooter with 4 wheels, is more sturdy and stable, due to its broad size. For this reason, it is the often-opted choice for anyone in search of a mobility scooter which will be used outside.
Outdoor terrain can be rough, rocky, or bumpy. Therefore, four wheel mobility scooters that are used outdoors need to have the capacity to travel over such grounds. A 4 wheel scooter is more sturdy, and therefore the preferred choice when one is interested in an all terrain scooter. The 4 wheel electric cart isn’t as scary to turn, since it has a wider turning radius. It doesn’t make the user feel like he’s tipping at all. These scooters have more legroom, which can prove helpful for anyone with leg pain, or who is on the taller side. The wider base also makes it a more comfortable option for heavier individuals.
Choosing an Electric Four Wheeler Scooter: 5 Most Important Factors to Look Out For
When choosing an electric four wheeler scooter, there are some factors which can be beneficial, and others which are imperative. Factors that are nice to have are just that, but there are some details which one should not overlook when searching for a 4 wheel scooter for adults. The following 5 factors are crucial; they must be taken into account when selecting a 4 wheel scooter.
When looking for a 4 wheel electric scooter for adults, it goes without saying that proper weight capacity should be something that is highly prioritized. A 4 wheel motorized scooter that is not designed to hold the weight it bears will get worn out and dilapidated, and will provide less support. It may even get “pushed down” due to the heavy weight, and therefore have less ground clearance, and, ergo, be harder to maneuver over less smooth terrains
Although sometimes 4 wheel medical scooters which come with a lower weight capacity may have a lower price, keep in mind that safety is worth more than the dollars you’d save. Aside from that, the truth is that if one chooses a four wheel electric scooter for adults that isn’t designed to support the amount of weight that it needs to, if it stops working, there is an increased likelihood that the warranty will not help in such circumstances since, essentially, the scooter was misused. For this reason, even for financial reasons, one is advised to choose a four wheel electric scooter for adults with the required weight capacity.
4 wheel scooters for adults are generally used outdoors. If you plan on using your 4 wheel power scooter outside, you’ll want to make sure the scooter has a range that will work for you. If you plan on using the scooter to travel 35 miles a day, be sure to check the details and make sure you’ll be able to do so. This may save you some hassle later on.
Seat width is very important. If the seat is too narrow, it will be nearly impossible and definitely uncomfortable to use the scooter. Therefore, before choosing one of our 4 wheel scooters for disabled people, be sure to check whether or not the seat is wide enough to fit you easily.
Since you’ll probably be using the scooter outdoors, ground clearance is an important detail to keep in mind. The fact is that there will be rough terrain you’ll need to travel over, and you want to make sure your scooter can handle it. The best would be to choose a 4 wheel electric mobility scooter with at least 3 inches of ground clearance.
It can be a bit disconcerting to spend hours scouring the web for the perfect electric scooter 4 wheeler, finally settle on something, have it delivered, and then discover that the steering height just won’t work for you. For this reason, we advise you to figure out what steering height you’ll need before making a final decision on which scooter to purchase.
Other Features to Consider
There are many other features you may want to consider before settling on one of our 4 wheel mobility scooters for elderly and disabled individuals. The following is a full runthrough of nearly twenty possible features you can look out for. Read through these, see which you feel are most important to you, and then you’re ready to start shopping (from the comfort of your couch, of course)!
- Swivel Seat: A swivel seat allows the user to get on and off the seat more easily. This is especially practical for a person with very low mobility, who finds it difficult to turn his body to the side in order to descend from the 4 wheel battery scooter.
- Shock Absorption: Since four wheel scooters for adults are sometimes used over rocky terrain, it can be useful for your scooter to have a shock absorption capacity which will allow for a more comfortable journey.
- Anti-Skid Deck: If the user is prone to slips or falls, choosing a 4 wheel electric scooter for sale that comes with a rubber or anti-skid deck may be a wise proactive measure.
- Turning radius: This is more applicable if you plan to use the four wheel handicapped scooter in indoor locations, such as while shopping or going to appointments.
- Climbing Angle: If you reside in a more hilly terrain, with inclines, the climbing angle is a very important detail to keep in mind while in the process of browsing through our 4 wheel electric scooters for sale.
- Pneumatic Wheels: This allows for more shock absorption, and, essentially, a more comfortable ride.
- Easy of Assembly and Disassembly: If you plan on packing the scooter in your car, or disassembling it often for whatever reason, this is something to keep in mind.
- Padded seat and/or Armrests: This can increase the comfort of the user. Keep in mind that a padded seat and padded armrests may be harder to clean, and may become damp if used outside in rainy weather.
- LED Headlight: If you plan on traveling with the scooter after dark, this is a very important safety feature.
- On-Board Battery Charger: This is a very functional feature; it allows you to charge the scooter’s battery wherever you may be!
- Forward/Reverse Switch: The forward/reverse switch allows the user to maneuver out of tight spaces more easily.
- Canopy: This shields the 4 wheel scooter driver from the elements.
- Cell Phone Holder: This innovative detail is perfect for tech-savvy seniors and disabled individuals who want to keep their phone on hand while keeping their hands free to maneuver the scooter effectively.
Find the best 4 wheel scooters for sale on AvaCare Medical now! Whether you’d like a 4 wheel 2 person scooter, a 4-wheel-drive mobility scooter, or a scooter with an LED light, you’ll find it on our site. Call us today at 1.877.813.7799 for free shipping on your 4 wheel handicapped scooter, and friendly customer service!