- Biofreeze Pain Relieving Gel
- Green or Colorless
- Available in Multiple Sizes
- Clinically recommended brand
- Cold therapy treatment
- Provides quick, long-lasting relief
- For sore or strained back, joints or muscles
- Relieves arthritis
- Paraben, NSAID, & propylene glycol free
- Vanishing Scent
- Not tested on animals
- Not tested on pregnant women
- All ingredients are U.S. Pharmacopeia-grade
Biofreeze Pain Relieving Gel is a powerful modality of cold therapy. It has been proven to be nearly double as effective as using an ice pack. This topical pain relief product is recommended by medical professionals.
How Biofreeze Works
Biofreeze contains menthol, a mint-based substance that cools and relieves pain when applied to skin. The sensation of pain occurs when receptors in the spine send a signal of pain to your brain. Menthol induces a cold sensation on and under the skin. This coldness prevents the receptors from sending pain signals from that area to the brain.
Ice also causes this cold and soothing sensation, but scientific research has found Biofreeze Pain Relieving Gel to be almost double as effective as ice is, in relieving pain. Biofreeze Gel has the optimal concentration of menthol to provide the most possible relief.
Why Choose Biofreeze Pain Relieving Gel?
Biofreeze has a lot of benefits that ice can’t offer. Here are the main reasons to choose Biofreeze Pain Relieving Gel over an ice pack.
- Biofreeze can be rubbed onto the throbbing area
(There’s no need to hold an ice pack against the area until the pain is relieved)
- Biofreeze is almost 2x as effective as an ice pack in relieving pain
- Biofreeze brings targeted relief to a specific area (unlike a pill)
- The numbness and stiffness associated with ice packs are both much less likely
Biofreeze can be used for arthritis, sore muscles, sprains, and muscle and joint pain. Biofreeze Pain Gel can be rubbed onto the wrists, elbows, neck, shoulders, back, and ankles. Wash your hands after use.
How to Use Biofreeze Pain Relieving Gel
Applying Biofreeze Pain Gel is not complicated at all, especially when you follow the directions below.
- Wash your hands with warm water and hand soap, and then dry them thoroughly.
- Squeeze some Biofreeze gel onto the affected area.
- Softly rub the Biofreeze onto the painful area with your fingertips in a roundabout motion for 2-3 minutes.
- If the pain is in an area that is hard for you to reach, ask a family member or friend to rub it in for you.
- Wash your hands well, with soap and warm water.
- Repeat up to 4 times a day.
- This gel is flammable.
- Do not bandage.
- Do not put a heating pad over the gel.
- Don’t apply any other ointments, creams or sprays in the same area as the gel.
- If you are pregnant, contact your physician before use.
- Wash hands with cold water following use.
- Stop using & speak to a physician if your skin becomes irritated.
- This gel is not designed for use on wounds.
- This gel should not be used on damaged skin.
- Designed for external use.
- Avoid contact with nose, mouth, and eyes.
- Store in a place that is out of children’s reach.
- If swallowed, contact Poison Control immediately at 800-222-1222.
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract; Arctium Lappa Root (Burdock) Extract; Arnica Montana Flower Extract; Blue 1; Boswellia Carterii Resin Extract; Calendula Officinalis Extract; Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract; Camphor; Carbomer; Glycerin; IIex Paraguariensis Leaf Extract; Isopropyl Alcohol; Isopropyl Myristate; Melissa Officinalis (Lemon Balm) Leaf Extract; Silica; Tocopheryl Acetate; Triethanolamine; Water; Yellow 5
Active Ingredients: Menthol (4%). Purpose: Cooling Pain Relief. Inactive Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Arctium Lappa Root (Burdock) Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Blue 1, Boswellia Carterii Resin Extract, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Camphor, Carbomer, Glycerin, Ilex Paraguariensis Leaf Extract, Isopropyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Melissa Officinalis (Lemon Balm) Leaf Extract, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethanolamine, Water, Yellow 5.
FAQs about Biofreeze
Does Biofreeze Expire?
Yes, but it lasts a long time until then. Biofreeze products have a shelf life of two years, and many have found them to last even longer than that.
Can you Use Biofreeze While Pregnant?
It is uncertain whether or not Biofreeze can be used while pregnant since Biofreeze was never tested to see if it is safe or harmful for use during pregnancy. Therefore, Biofreeze should not be used by pregnant women unless a doctor was consulted first.
It’s important to note that Biofreeze contains Menthol, a muscle relaxant, which is not recommended for pregnant women.
Does Biofreeze Work for Headaches?
Yes, it does. Biofreeze, like an ice pack, can relieve headaches and can lessen the pain of migraines. Rub the Biofreeze gently on the forehead, and feel the pain subside.
Can Diabetics Use Biofreeze?
Yes. Biofreeze doesn’t have anything in it that will cause harm or any sort of reaction to a diabetic.
Brand: Hygenic Corp