- Ideal for shallow wounds with minimal drainage
- Odorshield Sacral dressings are ideal for shallow sacral wounds with minimal drainage
- Absorbs odor with cyclodextrin technology1,2
- Not inactivated by wound protein2
- Manages drainage3
- Longer wear time
- Low residue formula4
- Protective, occlusive barrier; satin finish backing
- Indications: pressure ulcers, partial and full-thickness wounds, leg ulcers, donor sites, wounds with light to moderate drainage, lacerations and abrasions, and first and second-degree burns
- Contraindications: third-degree burns
- May be left in place for up to 7 days; Dressing change frequency will depend on amount of drainage
1. Lipman RDA, Van Bavel D. Odor absorbing hydrocolloid dressings for direct wound contact. Wounds. 2007;19(5):138-146.
2. Lipman R, Van Bavel D, Chakravarthy D. Odorabsorbing hydrocolloid dressings that are not inactivated by serum protein. Presentedat Symposium on Advanced Wound Care. Tampa, FL. 2007.
3. Absorption properties of some commercial hydrocolloid dressings, compared to Exuderm OdorShield. Internalreport. May 5, 2006.
4. Data on file.
Brand: Exuderm, Medline