Wedge Pillows & Lumbar Pillows
Wedge pillows and lumbar pillows are crucial for bed positioning, lower back pain relief, improved breathing and circulation, and more. The use of a mattress wedge or bed wedge can enhance your health and comfort, as well as relieve pain. Find the perfect wedge in our selection below. Read More...
Starting at $56.50
Starting at $69.15
Starting at $70.93
Starting at $57.25
Starting at $95.54
Starting at $16.96
Starting at $21.36
Wedge Pillows for Bed
Bed wedges can prove to be a great source of relief for many, including those with back pain, leg problems and even pregnant moms. For individuals with back problems, a bed wedge can alleviate the pressure on the spinal cord, thereby increasing circulation, easing back pain and reducing muscle tension.
The improved circulation afforded by a bed wedge pillow can also be helpful for individuals suffering from swollen legs, varicose veins, sciatica or even tired legs. If you need a foam bed wedge to help ease any of these issues, look for a knee wedge pillow or leg wedge to suit your needs.
Others can benefit from wedge pillows, including those with acid reflux, heartburn, snoring and other respiratory issues. The slight elevation of the foam wedge improves breathing and reduces swelling, allowing you to get a better night's rest.
Some bed wedges are designed with a cover that can be replaced when worn out, saving you the expense of replacing the entire bed wedge pillow.
Wedge Pillow FAQs
Wedge pillows, also known as bed wedges or foam wedge pillows, are used to provide bed positioning. The following are some of the most common questions on wedge pillows, along with their answers.
- What is a wedge pillow used for?
Pillow wedges are used in bed to improve body positioning. Depending on the way you use your bed wedge, you can achieve countless medical benefits. In addition, sleeping wedges are used to improve overall comfort and are especially useful for patients who are bedridden or have low mobility. The following are some common medical concerns that can be treated or improved with a bed wedge:
- muscle tension
- spinal cord pressure
- acid reflux
- back pain
- bed sores
- varicose veins
- How to use a wedge pillow:
The following are the main types of positions used for bed wedges, and their accompanying benefits. While there are many uses for wedge pillows, not all of the benefits can be enjoyed simultaneously with a single bed wedge. If you require more than one of the following support methods, consider getting more than one wedge so they can be used simultaneously for ideal comfort and/or relief.
- For elevated sleeping, rest your bed wedge pillow flat at the head of the bed, so that the lowest point of the wedge lies under your back and the higher end rises up to elevate your head. This position provides comfort and improves respiration, positively affecting issues such as snoring, heartburn, and more.
- To sit up comfortably in bed, position the wedge against your headrest with the lower edge pointing upward and bring your full back against the pillow. This position allows you to sit upright without causing any back pain or strain. This position ensures an ideal posture for reading, watching TV, etc.
- To soothe your legs when tired, achy or swollen, lay your bed wedge flat at the end of the bed, with the lower end closer to the headrest. By inclining your legs with your ankle higher than your knees, you are allowing excess fluids to drain which provides great leg pain relief, especially at the end of a long day.
- For elevated knee support, use a triangular knee wedge pillow, which can ease back muscles and improve comfort. To use, simply place the leg elevation pillow directly under your knees, with the highest point of the triangle supporting your kneepit.
Lumbar Pillows for Lower Back Support
A backrest pillow helps the user maintain proper posture while sitting. It provides support to mid and lower back areas and prevents, eliminates or reduces lower back pain. It also maintains circulation and prevents muscle fatigue. A lumbar support pillow is known to be the best pillow for any kind of back pain; it is ideal for the following conditions:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Back sprain
- Herniated/ruptured disc on lower/mid back
Typically crafted from firm fibers and memory foam, and often featuring a portable design, these back support cushions are most commonly used in offices, homes, cars, or any other place where you’d sit for a long period of time. Remaining in a sitting position for a lengthy amount of time can aggravate your back, but a lumbar pillow will provide proper support to prevent that aggravation. A proper lumbar pillow, like the ones available at AvaCare Medical, is a worthwhile investment that will provide you with the necessary support you can depend on to complete your work most effectively and comfortably.
At AvaCare Medical, your satisfaction is our first priority. That’s why we guarantee to match any valid price you find elsewhere. To find out more about our price match guarantee, give us a call at 1-877-813-7799.