Shower Stools & Bath Stools / Shower Chairs Without Back
Showering is supposed to be an excellent way of relaxing and enjoying some quiet time. However, it can be very challenging for people with balance issues or physical limitations. Shower stools, are used in both residential homes and institutional sectors to enable independent showering as well as to prevent falls and injuries. Read More...
Starting at $23.82
Starting at $39.98
Starting at $34.21
Starting at $67.48
Uses of Bath Stools
Bath stools are designed to meet the needs of individuals that cannot shower independently, whether it’s because of a temporary condition, a long-term disability or the normal aging process. A backless shower stool is a great way to make showering safer and more comfortable for such individuals.
There can be any number of reasons to use a shower stool. You may have an aging loved one who could use the assistance of a quality shower stool in the shower. It can also be a lifesaver for those recovering from an injury that makes it challenging to stand unassisted while showering. Finally, shower chairs without backs may come in handy for those with limited mobility due to excessive weight. Whatever the cause, many rely on shower chairs and stools for support and balance and cannot shower without one.
Features and Benefits of Shower Stools
- The majority of shower stools on the market have height-adjustable legs. You can adjust some of the bath stools by moving a button up and down, while others can be modified by using a screw-like feature found at the bottom of each leg.
- Most of the bath shower stools have rubberized feet attached at the bottom of each leg and thus prevent them from slipping away when you sit down.
- Some shower stools have a rotating seat, which is a consideration for those who have a small cubicle style shower stall. It can also be helpful for getting in and out of the shower since it allows you to stand with your back facing the shower stall, and once seated, the easy rotating feature helps you to turn your hips to face the showerhead and vise versa.
- The shower stools are made from plastic or a combination of materials like a plastic seat with aluminum or steel legs. Some bath shower stools have a vinyl-padded seat for comfort.
- Some shower stool models are designed to fold, thus making it easier to pack when traveling and to store when not in use.
- While there are shower chair stools in a variety of shapes, most conventional stools for showers are equipped with round seats. If you require a larger seating area, consider a rectangular bench-like stool instead.
- Understated gray or white shower stools are the most common colors. There are some models available in vibrant colors as well, but standard, affordable shower stools are generally white.
Types of Shower Stools
The bathroom shower stool comes in different types to better suit you or your loved one's needs, whatever they may be. Finding the perfect shower stool can transform your shower experience, and here are the most popular options:
1. Standard Shower Stool
As its name suggests, standard shower stools are the typical bath stools with all the basic features you need. The shower stools have a stationary seat and four or three legs that offer support.
2. Shower Stool with Swivel Seat
This type of shower stool comes with a swivel seat, which makes it easier for the user to turn without extra strain while bathing and when getting in and out of the stall.
3. Bariatric Shower Stools
Bariatric shower stools are heavy-duty models designed to support individuals who are heavyweight. These shower stools usually have crossbars between the legs, which offer added support and stability.
4. Foldable Shower Stools
These bath shower stools are made of reinforced aluminum, and they are foldable and light enough to take with you when traveling. Moreover, the bath stool’s textured seat features drainage holes and helps the user to be securely seated.
Choosing a Shower Stool
The following factors should be kept in mind while shopping for a stool for your shower stall or bathtub.
- Height: Shower stools and benches differ in the maximum and minimum stool height ranges, so be sure to choose a model with a seat height that is suitable for your needs.
- Size: The size of your bathroom and bathtub should be the guide when considering the right size of the shower stool for your needs. In addition, be sure to take the user’s hip measurements to ensure that the stool is wide enough to support them comfortably.
- Stability: Bath stools with four legs are usually sturdier than those with only three legs. And the bigger the stool and shower stool base, the more stable the shower stool will be as well.
- Material: Shower stools are made out of a variety of materials such as plastic, aluminum, and stainless steel. Most of them are plastic, have rust-free metal legs, and waterproof padded seats. Make sure you choose a waterproof shower stool that is simple to clean.
- Assembly: Choose a shower stool that is easy to assemble and comes with a tool-free design that anyone can use.
Frequently Asked Questions
How high should my shower stool be?
Your bath shower stool should be adjusted to the right height for your ultimate balance, safety, and comfort. In general, your knees should be level with your waist, and feet should be flat on the floor.
Do the shower stools collect water?
Most shower stools are waterproof. A waterproof shower stool, especially one that is equipped with drainage holes, allows water to drain off quickly to eliminate water pooling uncomfortably.
Do shower stools last for a long time?
Most shower chairs and stools, especially those sold at AvaCare Medical, are made to last for long term use. The shower stools are designed for use in wet conditions so they don’t break down over time and are built with durable materials to hold the user's weight.
At AvaCare Medical, we have many shower stools for sale. Whether you need a waterproof shower stool, in-shower stool, white shower stool, or something else, we’re here to help you find the one that is best for you. Check out our latest collection of cheap shower stools, and you can get more information about our products by calling today and speaking to a customer service representative.